Looking for more information related to toucans?
Here are some links that may be helpful to you:
GENERAL TOUCAN-RELATED WEBSITES/FORUMS
- Toucans_Ramphastids Yahoo Group
- Toucan Rescue Ranch
- Chasing Toucans
- Toucans, Toucanets, and Aracaris Facebook group
- Toucan Lover Facebook community page
BEHAVIOR AND TRAINING
- Behavior Works
- Natural Encounters
- Avian Behavior
- Good Bird Inc.
- Learning Parrots
- International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators
HELPFUL TRAINING VIDEOS TO GET YOU STARTED
- How to begin clicker training your bird
- Beginner’s guide to target training birds
- YouTube Channel: Good Bird Inc
- YouTube Channel: Feathered Antics
WHERE WE BUY TOUCAN PELLETS
- We buy our Red Apple Jungle pellets and Red Apple Paradise pellets directly through Scenic Bird Food
- We order our Mazuri Zu-Life Low Iron Softbill Diet pellets through Smelt Feed and Pet Supply in Florida. The manager, Alton, kindly assists us in shipping out our pellets in bulk.
WHERE WE BUY TOYS & ENRICHMENT
WHERE WE BOUGHT OUR ENCLOSURE ADD-ONS
- We bought both our large toucan swings and rotating feeder stations from Cages by Design.
WHERE WE BOUGHT OUR TRAVEL CARRIERS
- We bought our extra large dog crates through Amazon and installed the wooden dowels as perches ourselves. We use these for moving, emergencies, and storms.
- We bought our custom toucan-sized Pak-o-Bird from Celltei. We use this for everyday movement between the aviaries and the house.